Beets are famous for their roots, but beet leaves are tasty, too. This sautéed beet greens recipe shows off their delicate texture and sweet, mild flavor.
Delicious Sauteed Beet Greens
- large pot
- large skillet
- chopping knife
- measuring spoons
- 2 bunches beet greens stems removed
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes, crushed
- salt to taste
- black pepper freshly ground, to taste
- 2 lemons quartered
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the beetgreens, and cook uncovered until tender, about 2 minutes. Drain ina colander, then immediately immerse in ice water for severalminutes until cold to stop the cooking process. Once the greens arecold, drain well, and coarsely chop
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in thegarlic and red pepper flakes; cook and stir until fragrant, about 1minute. Stir in the greens until oil and garlic is evenly distributed.Season with salt and pepper. Cook just until greens are hot; servewith lemon wedges.