We have always been big fans of salads. They are simple to create and most ingredients are readily available. We always try to buy in-season produce. One Green Planet has a great article on why you should endeavor to buy in-season produce.
As part of our Nutrition Coaching we recommend a range of fresh, locally picked for consumption foods.
This delicious tomato cucumber salad is light and refreshing – perfect for a casual dinner or feeding a crowd at a party. We used red cherry tomatoes, but you can substitute for any locally grown fresh tomatoes. As always try to use organic where possible.
Tomato Cucumber Feta Cheese Salad
- 10 whole cherry tomatoes red
- 10 whole cherry tomatoes yellow
- 1 whole red onion sliced
- 2 tbsp parsley fresh, chopped
- 2 tbsp cilantro fresh, chopped
- 1 pinch salt to taste
- 1/2 cup feta cheese fresh, organic
- 1/2 cup black olives
For the Dressing
- 1/2 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar organic
- 1 pinch salt organic
- 1 pinch pepper grounded
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp honey organic
- 1 tsp oregena dried
- Make this salad in a large bowl, and combine all the main ingredients for the salad, tomato, cucumber, red onion, parsley, and cilantro. Topping with the cheese when ready. Lightly sprinkle the salt and pepper and then toss the salad to combine.
- the dressing, combine all of the ingredients into a smaller bowl and mix together.
- pour the dressing over the salad and toss gently. Cover the bowl with a plate and let sit at room temperature until ready to serve allowing the flavors to combine.
Our goal at Integra Health is simple. We want to help people feel their best at all times so they can fulfill their purpose in this life, whatever that may be. We see people from all walks of life in all different stages of their journey. Whether you are chronically ill with many symptoms, or are well overall and looking to further optimize health and prevent illness, our mission at Integra Health is to stay true and close to our passion for helping people, backed by the science and study of Functional Medicine. The people we help may just be starting out on their health journey or they may, like many, have fallen through the cracks of conventional medicine. Either way, you can count on us to treat you like the individual that you are. Powerful, capable, unique, and deserving. Together we can optimize your health. Together, we can build resiliency.