One of the simplest meals to make is a warm chicken salad. You can pretty much create your own salad from readily available foods around the kitchen and garden (as I like to do) or from fresh from market produce, but one of my favorite things to do is to make a quick meal salad from produce that is sitting in my fridge or pantry. Leafy Greens and raw vegetables are a great source of fiber and we recommend plenty of that in our nutrition coaching!
You can garnish a salad with pretty much anything that your taste desires. In summer I prefer to go with a fruit garnish, in this case, pomegranate. But in winter it may be something warm and tasty – such as lentils.
Light Pomegranate Spinach Chicken Salad
- 1/4 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 4 cups lettuce spinach
- 1 cup pomegranate pods in a cup
- 1 pinch pepper black, ground
- 1/2 cup chicken broth low-sodium
- 1 tbsp mustard whole grain
- 2 whole chicken breast or thigh sliced into small pieces
- lettuce, pomegranate, mustard, pepper
- chicken broth, olive oil to grill or pan and warm
- chicken broth, olive oil into cup
- chicken slices to grill or pan
- chicken until, lightly browned
- pour and toss cup of combined olive oil and chicken broth through salad mix
- warm chicken slices and serve
Our goal at Integra Health is simple. We want to help people feel their best at all times so they can fulfill their purpose in this life, whatever that may be. We see people from all walks of life in all different stages of their journey. Whether you are chronically ill with many symptoms, or are well overall and looking to further optimize health and prevent illness, our mission at Integra Health is to stay true and close to our passion for helping people, backed by the science and study of Functional Medicine. The people we help may just be starting out on their health journey or they may, like many, have fallen through the cracks of conventional medicine. Either way, you can count on us to treat you like the individual that you are. Powerful, capable, unique, and deserving. Together we can optimize your health. Together, we can build resiliency.